This oatmeal recipe is prepared the night before and can be served cold the next morning with fresh fruit, granola (or gluten-free granola), and chopped nuts. Oh my taste buds… it is super delicious. Extremely healthy, filling, and satiating, takes only a few minutes to prepare, and can even be modified to be gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free without compromising taste or texture! I like to quadruple this single-serving recipe and keep it in the refrigerator all week for my week-day breakfasts; and sometime snack on it in the afternoon! This is also a nice way to get a healthy breakfast into kids in the morning before school without having to take time to cook; and they could choose their toppings.
- 1/3 c. Milk (or almond milk)
- 1/3 c. Greek yogurt, unsweetened fat-free (or coconut milk yogurt)
- 1/3 c. Rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1 T. Chia seeds
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract, imitation (or 1 tsp. pure)
- A sprinkle of powdered Stevia to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a 5-cup Rubbermaid container and let set over night. Serve cold.
- Single serving suggestion, “Berry Cobbler” style (my favorite): scoop out 1/2 cup. oatmeal into a bowl. Top with a few blueberries, raspberries, and chopped strawberries. Sprinkle with chopped mixed nuts, and granola (I use my delicious gluten-free recipe in the blog). Serve cold.
- Keeps 5 days in the refrigerator… if you can make it last that long. *wink*
Blessings on your morning,