My wonderful sister gave this recipe to me, and not only is it healthy and delicious, but we don’t have to compromise taste or texture even though it’s gluten-free. Mmm… *beam* I love to eat this with my Cold Breakfast Oatmeal!
In a large bowl combine:
- 5 c. Rolled oats
- 2 c. Coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 1/2 c. Mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
(Add after cooled:)
- 1 c. Mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. Dried fruit, I use chopped dates and raisins combined. May also use golden raisins, dried cherries, craisins, currants, bananas, apricots, etc.
In a 2 c. measuring glass combine:
- 1 c. Honey
- 1/2 c. Very hot water
- 1/2 c. Coconut oil, melted to liquid
- 4 tsp. Imitation vanilla extract (or 2 tsp. pure)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pour liquid mixture over mixed, dry ingredients and stir to coat.
- Spread granola onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly coated with coconut oil.
- Bake 15 minutes and stir; repeat 2 times.
- Bake 10 minutes and stir.
- Bake 5 minutes and stir; repeat 4 times (or to desired brownness)
- Cool on pan at least 20 minutes before adding in the nuts and dried fruit.
- Store some in the refrigerator for regular use, and the rest in a gallon-size Ziplock bag in the freezer, since there are not preservatives to keep it nice for weeks at room temperature.
Blessings on your breakfasts,