I created this recipe for those in our family who are trying not to eat sugar but who delight in a nice, sweet hot drink on these chilly fall days. It serves as a nice after dinner dessert for us many nights. And I’ve come up with 7 different flavors so far to add to the chocolate! Mmm…
This is a single 16 oz. serving (a serious cup of cocoa) *wink* With a variety of flavors! *smile*
(“Trim Healthy Mama” friendly!)
Ingredients: (93 calories without the fat-free Reddi Whip)
- 2 c. Almond milk (unsweetened, vanilla flavor – Costco has the best price)
- 1/4 c. Hershey’s chocolate syrup, sugar-free with Splenda (doesn’t taste very sweet by itself, but it’s great in this recipe)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract, imitation
- 1/4 tsp. Stevia (NOW or KAL brands taste best, and don’t have fillers)
- 1/2 tsp. Imitation extract flavor of choice: caramel, butter, peppermint (but only 1/8 tsp.), coffee, mint, peanut butter, or banana! Note: I always use imitation extracts as they don’t have alcohol which leaves an extreme “bite” to the taste that we don’t like at all.
- Add all 5 ingredients to a mug, but don’t bother mixing as they don’t combine well until they’re hot.
- Heat in the microwavable for 3 minutes and mix with a wire wisk.
- Top with some fat-free Reddi Whip for a little extra “nice” (this does have sugar, but it’s such a trace amount that it doesn’t really “count” for us dieters if used in moderation.)
Blessings on your cooler, cozy fall days at home,