This is a huge family favorite that all of our children just devour. This recipe is delicious. And it uses a huge amount of zucchini, so if you have one of those enormous home garden or locally farm-grown zucchinis that are about 14-inches long, this is a great use for it!
Tip: Have the table set and ready before food prep., because this dinner is ready immediately after preparations and will either get cold quickly or over cook while people get ready to eat and the table is being set.
Ingredients: (* DOUBLED quantities are in parenthesis) – our family of 11 eats a double recipe.
- 3/4 pkg. (*1 1/2, 12 oz. pkgs.) egg noodles, uncooked
- 3 Tbl. (*6 Tbl.) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves (*4) garlic, minced
- 4 c. (*8 c.) shredded zucchini
- 1/2 c. (*1 c.) milk
- 4 oz. (*8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 c. (*1 c.) fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. (*1 tsp.) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. (*1/2 tsp.) fresh ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta per directions, al dente (slightly firm).
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 2 minutes.
- Mix in zucchini and cook 10 minutes, until some of the moisture has evaporated.
- Pour the milk into a large skillet, and stir in cream cheese until melted (I use a silicone coated wire whisk that won’t scratch my non-stick pan).
- Mix in basil, salt and pepper.
- Add to the zucchini pot, toss to coat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve over the cooked pasta (I like to mix the pasta and alfredo all in advance then serve).
Blessings on your dinner!